EEBC — Skilled Worker
British Columbia’s growing economy requires skilled workers in high-demand occupations. The Express Entry BC (EEBC) – Skilled Worker category of the BC Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) is a faster way to gain permanent residence in B.C.
To qualify, you must first accept a valid job offer from a B.C. employer. You also need relevant training and experience.
Express Entry BC connects to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada's (IRCC) Express Entry system to speed up the permanent residence process.
Am I eligible?
To qualify for this category, you must:
- have received an Express Entry Profile Number and a Job Seeker Validation Code from the IRCC Express Entry system. This shows you meet the minimum criteria for one of IRCC’s Express Entry programs:
- have accepted a full-time, indeterminate job offer (a permanent job, or one with no set end date) from a B.C. employer. The job must be in a National Occupational Classification skilled occupation (Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A or B).
- qualify to work in your job in B.C.
- have at least two (2) years of directly related work experience
- show you can support yourself and your dependents
- have, or be eligible for, legal immigration status in Canada
- meet minimum language requirements
- have a wage offer in line with B.C. wage rates for the occupation
Is my employer eligible?
Your employer must be willing to support your application. They must meet the eligibility criteria and fulfill certain responsibilities during the application process. View the employer requirements.
How does it work?
To start the process, please create a profile with our online application and registration system, BCPNP Online. After submitting your registration, you will receive a score based on your skills and job. Periodically, we invite people with the highest scores to apply through BCPNP Online.
See how to register and apply.
For complete, up-to-date program information and requirements, please review the BC PNP Skills Immigration and Express Entry BC Program Guide.
For a high-level overview, download the BC PNP SI & EEBC Information Sheet for Workers.
Note: This website provides a high-level overview of the program only. Please refer to the program guide for the most current and complete information. Check back often to ensure you have the latest version.
Need help registering and applying online?
Please refer to the BC PNP Skills Immigration and Express Entry BC Technical Guide.