EEBC — Healthcare Professional
British Columbia needs more health care professionals. The Express Entry BC (EEBC) – Healthcare Professional category of the BC Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) helps physicians, specialists, nurses and allied health professionals put your valuable skills to work in the province and get permanent residence.
Express Entry BC connects to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada's (IRCC) Express Entry system to speed up the permanent residence process.
Find opportunities in B.C.
Health Match BC is a free health recruitment and placement service. It can help you find a job in your field with one of B.C.’s health authorities. Health Match BC staff can also answer your questions about the BC PNP and assist you with your application.
Find a health care job through Health Match BC.
Am I eligible?
To qualify for this category, you must:
- have received an Express Entry Profile Number and a Job Seeker Validation Code from the IRCC Express Entry system. This shows you meet the minimum criteria for one of IRCC’s Express Entry programs:
- have the support of, or a full-time, indeterminate job offer (a permanent job, or one with no set end date) from a public health authority as a:
- registered nurse
- registered psychiatric nurse
- nurse practitioner
- allied health professional such as a:
- diagnostic medical sonographer
- clinical pharmacist
- medical laboratory technologist
- medical radiation technologist
- occupational therapist
- if you are a midwife, have a letter of confirmation from an established practice group in B.C.
- qualify to work in your occupation in B.C.
- have at least two (2) years of directly related work experience
- show you can support yourself and your dependents
- have, or be eligible for, legal immigration status in Canada
- meet minimum language requirements
- have a wage offer in line with B.C. wage rates for the occupation
Is my employer eligible?
Your employer must be willing to support your application. They must meet the eligibility criteria and fulfill certain responsibilities during the application process. View the employer requirements.
How does it work?
To start the process, please create a profile with our online application system, BCPNP Online. As a Healthcare Professional applicant, you can submit an Express Entry BC application directly via BCPNP Online.
See how to register and apply.
For complete, up-to-date program information and requirements, please review the BC PNP Skills Immigration and Express Entry BC Program Guide.
Note: This website provides a high-level overview of the program only. Please refer to the program guide for the most current and complete information. Check back often to ensure you have the latest version.
Need help applying online?
Please refer to the BC PNP Skills Immigration and Express Entry BC Technical Guide.