EEBC — Health Care Professional
Am I Eligible?
Health care professionals are in demand across British Columbia. If you are a physician, nurse, psychiatric nurse or allied health professional, you may be eligible to apply under the EEBC - Health Care Professional category.
Health Match BC
If you are looking for opportunities to work as a health care professional in B.C., we encourage you to contact Health Match BC. This free provincial service recruits health professionals on behalf of B.C.’s health authorities. In addition to helping you find a job in your field, Health Match BC staff can answer your questions about the BC PNP and assist you with your BC PNP application.
The following requirements are mandatory in the BC PNP’s EEBC – Health Care Professional category. You must:
- for midwives, have a letter of confirmation from an established practice group in B.C.
In addition, you must also meet the BC PNP’s Health Care Professional category requirements. You must:
- be qualified to perform the duties of the job offered to you, including all regulatory, registration, and licensing requirements to perform the duties of the occupation in B.C.
- have a minimum of two (2) years of directly related work experience in the job offered to you
- a written offer of employment from your employer
- demonstrate that you are able to support yourself (and your dependents)
- have, or be eligible for, legal immigration status in Canada
- meet minimum language requirements
- have been offered a wage that is comparable to B.C. wage rates for the occupation
As this is a joint application submitted with your employer, your employer must also meet eligibility criteria.
For More Information
For complete program requirements, please refer to the BC PNP Skills Immigration and Express Entry BC Program Guide.
For more information about how to complete the online registration and application, please refer to the BC PNP Skills Immigration and Express Entry BC Technical Guide.
Information on the BC PNP website is for general information purposes only. Please refer to the BC PNP Skills Immigration and Express Entry BC Program Guide and the Entrepreneur Immigration Program Guide for complete program information and requirements. In the event of a discrepancy between the BC PNP website and the BC PNP program guides, the information in the program guides shall be considered correct. Please check our website regularly to ensure you are using the most up-to-date version of the applicable program guide.