For permanent residents & naturalized citizens

Many newcomers enter British Columbia through the Vancouver International Airport (YVR). If you come through this airport, look for the Community Airport Arrivals Network (CAAN) in the Immigration and Customs area. We also encourage you to use the Settlement Services Map to find agencies that can help you and your family settle into your new community.

If you have been approved for Permanent Residency in Canada, you may be eligible for free online and in-person services and supports while you are still overseas. Learn about these services and service providers who can help.

If you arrive as a permanent resident, you can access free settlement and language services through a settlement agency (see the link below). If you have already obtained Canadian citizenship through naturalization, you can continue to access some of these free services if you need further help to integrate into Canadian society and workplaces.

Do you have permanent resident status? Or are you a naturalized Canadian looking for work? You can access services and supports offered through WorkBC Employment Services Centres across the province.
WorkBC Centres can help you understand the Canadian labour market. They offer services and supports tailored to your individual needs to ensure you are successful in landing a job. This may include help with job search resources and personal employment planning.

Get help when you arrive at the airport in B.C. (CAAN)

Find a settlement service agency near you

Find your local WorkBC Centre and learn about the employment services they offer

Visit the Vancouver Public Library’s Skilled Immigrant InfoCentre (SIIC)