For temporary residents

Settlement services and supports are available to temporary foreign residents throughout B.C. Over fifty service providers across the province deliver these services with funding provided by the Province of British Columbia. A service provider can help you understand your rights and help you adjust to life in B.C. The types of services available may include:

  • one-on-one information and referral
  • workshops and language supports
  • peer support and mentoring
  • help with filling forms for immigration and work permit processes

Please contact your local service provider if you have any questions or would like to access settlement services. You can also call the WorkBC and WelcomeBC Contact Centre at 1-877-952-6914 to find out who your local service provider is and how to contact them.

COVID-19 Update: Please note that organizations offering the settlement services are delivering the program remotely with some limited in-person services. For the latest information on available provincial support, please visit the COVID-19 provincial support website.