Extend your work permit

If you are a temporary foreign worker, you may be able to extend your work permit, change the conditions of your work permit or apply to immigrate to Canada.

Extend Your Work Permit

A work permit entitles you to live and work in Canada temporarily. If your job is extended or if it changes, you must apply to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada to change the conditions of your work permit.
  • You must submit your application at least 30 days before your current permit expires.
  • Your passport must be valid for your entire stay in Canada, including the extended period.
If you are offered a new job, you must apply for a new work permit.