Support for temporary foreign residents

Settlement services and supports are available to temporary foreign residents throughout B.C. Fifty-six service providers across the province deliver these services with funding provided by the Province of British Columbia. A service provider can help you understand your rights and help you adjust to life in B.C. The types of services available include:

  • ​One-on-one information and referral,
  • Workshops and support groups, and
  • Peer support and mentoring.

Please contact your local service provider if you have any questions or would like to access settlement services. A list of service providers that provide services to temporary foreign residents is available here. You can also call the WorkBC Contact Centre at 1-877-952-6914 to find out who your local service provider is and how to contact them.