Do you have a graduate degree in the sciences from an eligible B.C. institution? Consider advancing your career in B.C.’s growing technology, health care, and applied sciences sectors.
The Skills Immigration (SI) – International Post-Graduate category of the BC Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) can help you gain permanent residence in B.C. You don’t need a job offer to apply.
Want a faster way to apply for permanent residency? See if you qualify for Express Entry BC — International Post-Graduate.
Which graduate degrees are valid?
You must have graduated in the last three years with a master's or doctorate (PhD) degree in the natural, applied or health sciences:
- biological and biomedical sciences
- computer and information sciences and support services
- engineering technology
- health professions and related clinical sciences
- mathematics and statistics
- natural resources conservation and research
- physical sciences
Please see the BC PNP IPG & EEBC IPG Eligible Programs of Study Document for a complete listing of eligible programs of study.
Am I eligible?
To qualify for this category, you must:
- have, or be eligible for, legal immigration status in Canada
- have completed a valid graduate program of study at an eligible post-secondary institution in B.C. in the last three years.
- show your intent and ability to live in B.C.
How does it work?
To start the process, please create a profile with our online application system, BCPNP Online. As an International Post-Graduate applicant, you can apply directly via BCPNP Online.
See how to register and apply.
For complete, up-to-date program information and requirements, please review the BC PNP Skills Immigration and Express Entry BC Program Guide.
Note: This website provides a high-level overview of the program only. Please refer to the program guide for the most current and complete information. Check back often to ensure you have the latest version.
Need help applying online?
Please refer to the BC PNP Skills Immigration and Express Entry BC Technical Guide.