Other Immigration options & information

Immigration Options

If the BC Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) is not right for you and your family, you may be able to come to Canada through another program. 

Check out your options: 

  • Canadian Experience Class. This program allows those with work experience in Canada to become permanent residents.
  • Family Sponsorship. This option is a way for citizens and permanent residents over the age of 18 to sponsor their relatives to come to Canada.
  • Live-in Caregiver Program. Through this program, qualified individuals can come to Canada to care for children, elderly persons or persons with disabilities in private homes.
  • Federal Skilled Workers Program. This program offers permanent residency to skilled professionals who can contribute to Canada’s economy.
  • Federal Skilled Trades Program. This program offers permanent residency for qualified skilled trades workers who can contribute to the Canada’s economy.
  • The Self-Employed Persons Program. This program is for people who will become self-employed in Canada.
  • Start-up Visa Program. Entrepreneurs with the skills and ideas to build an innovative business in Canada may be eligible for this program.
  • Temporary Foreign Worker Program. This program allows foreign workers to come to Canada to fill short-term labour and skill shortages.
Find out if you're eligible to apply to come to Canada or extend your stay. Use Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s online eligibility tool. Answer a few questions to find out what immigration programs you can apply for.

Hiring an Immigration Consultant

You do not need to hire an immigration consultant or lawyer to help you immigrate. If you do decide to work with one, view these links from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. Information on these links can help you choose a representative and avoid being a victim of fraud during the immigration process.