Moving to a new country can be hard. You might have a lot of questions. The B.C. Newcomers’ Guide will help you settle into B.C. quickly and easily. You'll find information about:
- finding a place to live
- driving in B.C.
- finding a doctor and other medical services
- getting your BC Services card
- registering your child in school
- working in B.C.
- opening a bank account
- getting help for those needing extra support
The 2021 B.C. Newcomers’ Guide is available to download as a PDF in thirteen languages:
- English (PDF, 7MB)
- Arabic (PDF, 5MB)
- Simplified Chinese (PDF, 5MB)
- Traditional Chinese (PDF, 5MB)
- Dari (PDF, 5MB)
- Farsi (PDF, 5MB)
- French (PDF, 5MB)
- Korean (PDF, 5MB)
- Punjabi (PDF, 5MB)
- Russian (PDF, 5MB)
- Spanish (PDF, 5MB)
- Tagalog (PDF, 5MB)
- Ukrainian (PDF, 5MB)
Printed copies of the B.C. Newcomers' Guide are also available. You can request a guide by using the order form
. Copies can be ordered for free within British Columbia.
This page was last updated on May 17, 2022.